Welcome to the
Rocky Ridge Royal Oak Community Association!
Rocky Ridge Royal Oak Community Association is a small group of volunteers who
meet regularly and work constantly to:
- tackle and fix residents’ concerns
- review and adjust development applications
- watch out for environmental concerns
- year-round operation and maintenance of RRROCA park
- run children and community based programs
- provide insurance for supported sport and area usage activities
- communicate area and city issues to the residents
- represent the community to the outside world
- communicate with the Ward 1 Councillors, the Member of the Legislature of Alberta,
and with the Member of Parliament.
Please note that the City communicates overall area issues directly with the Community Association and does not necessarily recognize residents associations as the “voice” of the people.
Upcoming 2018 Events
Sunday, September 23, 2018
Time: 9am – 2pm
Location: London Drugs
# 500, 8888 Country Hills Blvd NW, Calgary, Alberta
RRROCA is pleased to once again partner with London Drugs and the City of Calgary to host our annual Community Cleanup. On Sunday, September 23 between 9am and 2pm, residents are encouraged to bring any of the following items to the London Drugs Parking Lot for responsible recycling or donation to local charities:
* Electrical and electronic goods
(TVs, VCRs, computers, monitors, printers, small appliances, cell phones, PDAs etc)
* Styrofoam, plastic and cardboard packaging
* Rechargeable and alkaline batteries
* Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot lengths
* Disposable cameras and metal film canisters
* Ink jet and laser cartridges
* Plastic bags
(tables, chairs, dressers, beds, sofas, side tables)
* Toys and games, books, music
* Clothing and soft goods: accessories, shoes, bedding, towels and area rugs, drapes
(pots & pans, dishes, cutlery, cooking utensils, knife sets, Tupperware, small working appliances)
* Organic wastes
(leaves, grass clippings, etc)
* Household metal waste
* Used and expired car seats
(recycling levy of $10/car seat applies. Fabric must be removed prior to drop off)
* Large garbage that does not fit in City of Calgary waste carts
Please note that the following items are not accepted: tires, large home appliances, household chemicals, propane tanks, car batteries, liquids, paint, railway ties. This event is for household items only. Large scale drop offs or commercial loads are not accepted.
London Drugs will be rewarding customers who bring in items for recycling throughout the day. After dropping off their items, residents are invited to enjoy a community BBQ put on by RRROCA. The BBQ begins at 11am.